Oak Tree Publishing (“We, Us,Our,Oak Tree”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information We May Collect From You
In order to provide to you the best possible service, We sometimes need to collect information (including sensitive personal information) about you. We may collect and process the following data:
Information you give us. You may give Us information about you by filling in contact forms, whether at Our office or on the Our Site, or by corresponding with Us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you use the Site, subscribe to our mailing list, participate in discussion boards, blogs, or other social media functions on Our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, or when you report a problem with Our Site. The information you give Us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and details about your personal health, financial and credit card information, personal description and/or photographs.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to Our Site, We may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and your operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from Our Site (including date and time), services/property you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites We operate or are involved with or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, your sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are simple text files that websites/apps store on your hard drive or browser. Typically, they contain two pieces of information: a site name and unique user ID. Cookies are used to remember your preferences for a site and to record how many times you have visited a site. This means we can tailor your experience depending on your preferences and measure overall usability of our websites/apps.
How can I block Cookies?
You can delete existing cookies off your hard drive and choose to block new cookies from our websites/apps. You can find out how to do this by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. However, should you choose to block cookies then some features on our websites/apps might not work as expected.
If you would like to disable, delete or control cookies on your browser, please follow the appropriate link for your browser below:
The list below shows the cookies used by our websites and provides a description of how each cookie works:
Cookie name: PHPSESSID
Type: This cookie is used by the website to set session preferences. No personal data is stored.
Expiry: When the browser is closed or the session times out.
Cookie name: __ga, __gid
Type: These cookies are set by Google Analytics and are used to collect non-personal information about how visitors use the websites. The information is used to create reports showing website usage which help us improve the websites. The information is anonymous. Google have developed the “Opt-out Browser Add-on” which stops information being sent to Google Analytics even if cookies are enabled in your browser. See: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Cookie name: Cookie Control
Type: This cookie is set when a visitor consents to cookies being set on their hard drive for this website. The cookie prevents the cookie notice being displayed on every page of the site.
Expiry: 3 month
How we Uses the Information
We use Information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this Information;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us, and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services We offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services We feel may interest you. We will, and in circumstances where we permit selected third parties to use your data, they will, contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) only where you give or have given consent to do so, with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous purchase or any other service that the Our network may offer. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for Our marketing purposes, inform the representative on the phone that you do not want us to use your data in this way. Alternatively, you can notify us at any time via email@example.com that you wish us to cease using your data in this way;
- to notify you about changes to Our services and;
- to ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- in the event that you raise an enquiry, complaint, suggestion or provide, your Information may be record so we can investigate the incident, to provide a response and for general record keeping purposes.
Information we collect about you. We will use this Information;
- to administer Our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve Our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of Our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep Our Site safe and secure. If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on, or to, Our Sites, we may use your Information to stop such behaviour;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising sent to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to measure and assess the performance of Our office in relation to the provision of services to you and other customers; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with Information you give to us and Information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Where we propose to use your Information for any other purposes we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for use of your Information for additional purposes which are not listed above.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your Information with any members of Our group, any of Our subsidiaries, and/or Our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Unless listed below we will not disclose your Information to any third party without obtaining your prior consent. We may share your Information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you; and
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of Our Site.
We may disclose your personal Information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets subject to being in receipt of suitable confidentiality undertakings from the prospective seller or buyer.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Information and personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Oak Tree, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your Information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your Information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by informing Our representative on the phone that you do not wish your data to be used in this way. You can also exercise the right to stop us from using your data in this manner at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to third parties and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites are not owned or controlled by Us and have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
The Data Protection Office
Oak Tree Publishing
Get in touch
If you would like more information on advertising your business locally please contact us:
Call us on: 07821 200875
Email us: email@example.com
Our advert in this magazine has really helped to benefit our business by bringing in lots of custom. The customer service from the people behind the scenes is second to none.